What is psychological assessment?
Psychological assessment consists of both standardised questionnaires and clinical interview. At BrainX we use the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders- 5th Edition).
We are able diagnose the following disorders:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Specific Phobia
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depersonalisation/ derealisation Disorder
Behavioural disorders- Disruptive & impulse control disorders:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder
PLEASE NOTE: At BrainX we do not diagnose or treat eating disorders or personality disorders. We recommend referral to someone with very specific expertise in these areas.